Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Spam E-Mail That Pretend To Be From Microsoft



I just though that I need to post about this because the spam filter for outlook did not detect it.

Today while I was checking my outlook email, I found the following Message in my inbox and not in the junk mail:

 

Of course since I'm computer geek, I know that this message looks fishy and I did not click on the link. After checking few things, My doubts was confirmed and the given message was clearly a fishing email.

How did I found About that? 
The first Thing is that my email is organized that if a message from Microsoft will go into a folder named "Microsoft"

The other thing is the title of the email. All emails that come from Microsoft start with the company name followed by the service name (e.g. Microsoft Learning)

 


Another thing is the sender email. It is clear that it is not from any Microsoft team.




When you receive a fishy email, check the following before clicking on any link on the email:
  1. The title of the message.
  2. The sender.
  3. The URL format of the links on the email.
If you receive an email and you think it is fishy, just ignore it or delete it. It is safer for you. 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write any thing in your mind here 😉